Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Playing catch-up part 2, November 12th to November 18th


 

Monday:

 

I thought I was tired the Monday previously; I was extremely tired on this day. I did accomplish some school work, but it wasn’t as much as I had hoped. I don’t know who was more tired, me or Missy. She slept a considerable amount of the day too. When hubby got home in the evening we dedicated ourselves to Economics, Blech! As I had previously written, I had to be green carded into classes. I was finally able to get into two of the three I needed. The other class they are reserving for seniors. Oh don’t even get me started on that subject.  

 

Tuesday:

 

My first class was cancelled so I went in later to school. I caught the 8:10am train. And it was just as crowded as the train I normally take. I thought that because we were going in a little later, it would throw off Missy’s schedule but it did not. I went to Econ, even though I technically didn’t have to. They were reviewing the midterm, and because I had not taken it, I didn’t need to be there. My midterm was different from everyone else’s midterm. They finally got it that taking out all the charts, and graphs would be good. Hmmmm let’s see, I am blind. Not that this gives me an excuse to not to do the graphs, or not to understand them. But Econ is not my major, and when it’s hard to come by good readers, it’s easier to have them taken out. The rest of the day went normal. I was back on my normal train at 3:59pm. And to my home station at 4:55pm. Unfortunately on this evening, as much as I tried, I was exhausted. Apparently my body needed the sleep and I could not fight it any longer. I slept for like 10 hours straight.

 

Wednesday:

 

I was home. On this day I was perhaps more productive than I had been in a while. I started a paper that was due the next day and was able to finish it. In the Afternoon, I went out shopping for hubby’s birthday with my SIL. Nope sorry hubby darling, I won’t slip up here and say what I got you for your birthday. LOL

 

 

Also on this day, I learned from my mentor, that someone at the NY convention complained about me. That I gave Missy an unnecessary hard correction. I don’t know who made the complaint, and it doesn’t really matter. I am super disappointed; as I trusted those I was around this past weekend. I feel absolutely violated. I live a pretty outward life, I have nothing to hide. But maybe I will rethink that position. I was promised that it was nothing, but it doesn’t feel like nothing to me.

 

I would just say to those other guide dog users out there, please be conscious about the different factors when you see another guide dog team. Perhaps they are a new team. Perhaps it’s a stressful situation. Perhaps the dog is not doing what is supposed to. Perhaps the correction was needed. Perhaps it’s none of your business. I mean would you want someone to make accusations against you? Probably not. 

 

Everyone is so talking about thanksgiving, and plans. I am so not even mentally there. Others are talking about Christmas, again something I can’t even think about. I have too much to do before either holiday.

 

This was another one of those evenings that we spent cramming for an Econ midterm. It’s surprising that I absorbed anything as I was yet again falling asleep. Can you tell I do not like Econ. LOL

 

Thursday:

 

Classes as normal. Missy had on her pokey pants today. Not sure why she was so slow. I hope that this is not a sign that she is bored. She wasn’t stressed or tired, so like I said not sure why she was pokey. And in the evening more Econ cramming.

 

Friday:

 

I was up early, and on the train at 8:10am. My midterm was supposed to start at 9am, but the train was late, my puppy was being super pokey, and then also had to go “break” but refused to. This all stressed me out. Once I got there we took some breathing time before the test and got centered and in the right mind set. The rest of the day Missy was her normal self.

 

My midterm was a 40 multiple choice question test. I was given 2 ½ hours to complete it but only needed like 1 ½ hours. We caught an 11:30 train home. I am not sure how I did, but I did know some answers.

 

At this point I just want to pass the class with a C. I know that is not my normal fashion, but Econ is not my thing. It’s only because I have to fulfill a gen Ed requirement that I have to take it. And I know that if I get a C, it will bring down my GPA. But at this point that is all I can pray for is a C.

 

I used the afternoon to write a paper. By the evening it was done. One more paper down, a million more to go. LOL!

 

Apparently I was tired because I do not remember going to bed. This is not unusual but still.

 

Saturday:

 

We woke up at 7:30am, even though I am sure both of us could have both slept until like noon. We had a nice breakfast of oatmeal, bacon and PB toast. It was awesome to be home on this weekend.

 

We shortly after breakfast got busy with school work and other things on our to do list. Hubby bought the tickets for the kids to come up here for Christmas. We placed a grocery order, as we were getting low on all things to eat. And we bought tickets to a concert that is coming up in December. I worked on a paper, and was able to finish it. One more down, quite a few to go.

 

With my recent midterm and my slow but steady progress in getting school work done, I am not feeling as over whelmed. There for a few days I was so down and depressed, not literally, that I was behind. UT Oh, I said the D word. For anyone reading, I am not depressed, I just meant like a little bummed that I was behind. But I am now feeling better about it all.

 

Before we left for our date, I asked that hubby put on a certain shirt. Of course he was a bit interested at this request. I gave him a sweater that I had gotten him for his birthday. Now hubby was very handsome for our date. It was a sweater shirt, with a zipper in the front, with elbow patches, and a high collar.

 

At 4ish, hubby and I walked over to chee Burger chee Burger for a date. We got there before the dinner rush, but by the time we left, it was crowded. We had a nice dinner of burgers. I had my normal regular milk shake of double chocolate, PB and banana. As normal it was delicious.  After we were done, we walked over to the pet store. Of course Missy was able to find it with no issues. I wanted to see if they had dog ear protection. They do not; instead we got Missy another Nyla bone. This one was huge; it’s like twice the normal size of a nyla bone.

 

While at the restaurant, Missy was very well behaved. The restaurant took a seat away for her to fit comfortably out of the way. In the pet store, she even did well. There were several other barking dogs, a couple of ankle biters, but my Missy did nothing. She just looked at them and then went on her way. She even worked, without running me into anything, knocking over anything, or sniffing every single thing in the store. The lady helping us said they do not get any service animals in the store.

 

The walk home was chilly but nice.

 

Sunday:

 

We woke up at 7:30am. Again another morning we could have slept until noon. Missy wakes up most mornings, thumping her tail, or play growling. We will sort of make noises at her and she will play growl back at us. It’s not a mean or threatening growl, just look at me, play with me. After a while she will get more into a pathetic growl. It’s cute; it’s like her way of saying good morning. I usually have a Nyla bone upstairs in our bedroom for her, on this morning it was the new huge one we had gotten her the night before. So she will growl, play growl, and hold the bone in her mouth. Again this is why she is play growling, because she wants us to come and play pull with her. We usually don’t, but then when it is time to leave the room. I will have to tell her to leave the bone in the room. She always wants to take it with us, every single morning.

 

This morning we were off to church. We were going to walk, as the sun was out but it was chilly. This morning Missy did extremely well. We hugged the left side of the street just as we were supposed to. Those darn dry crunchy leaves, she will not walk on them to save her or mine life. Oh well *shrug*

 

Even though it was chilly out, by the time we got to the church, I was sweating. Ick, I hate sweating, especially going into church. We got there just a few minutes before the service began. And Missy lay right down and fell asleep. Even though the music and singing and clapping, she slept.

 

After the services hubby had a worship team meeting, so we switched to a different room. In this meeting Missy was a bit more restless, not sure why. We got a ride home from a neighbor. That same neighbor helped hubby go pick up groceries. We placed an order and so you call before you arrive, and then they will bring them out to the car. When you place an order they give us a window of time to pick them up in, so on this particular day it’s from 12 to 2 pm. When we do order groceries, we usually get a large order, as it’s not always that we can get to the store. We are able to walk to the store, but because we are busy a lot, it’s not practical...

 

We had a quick lunch of crackers, pepperoni, and cheese. I know not nutritional, but yummy. We chose not to have a big meal as we were going out for hubby’s birthday dinner with family in a very few short hours.

 

At 4, we met my BIL, his children and girlfriend, my SIL, and my FIL at Outback steakhouse. In total there were 8 of us. Outback was packed, which I didn’t expect, but we got in fairly soon. I don’t know if someone called ahead of time for a reservation. Also surprisingly hubby and I got braille menus. It was hard to decide on what to eat, so many options, not enough of a stomach to fit it all. LOL Hubby had a rib and chicken combo plate; I had a steak with sweet potatoes and broccoli. We all had salads. I talked to the waiter, while a certain birthday boy was distracted and didn’t hear me, and the waiter was going to bring out something for hubby’s birthday. We sang him Happy Birthday. It was a small cup of ice cream with a candle in it. We all then shared a dessert sampler plate. By the time we left everyone was stuffed, well at least I know I was.

 

I on this occasion chose not to take Missy along. For a few reasons, we were not going to be doing a lot of walking, the kids (well these kids) tend to stress her out, and it was very crowded. We were gone for perhaps 2 hours. While at home, I leave her in the folding crate, with a bone to chew on. When we got home, I fed her right away. But we had to do some obedience, as she was not following directions. *shrug* maybe she was mad at me for leaving her at home.  

 

Hubby got the most awesome present of all. BIL’s girlfriend wrote out a bible verse in braille, using her phone for the braille symbols, and using a nail and hammer to punch the braille out on canvas. Then she stitched the canvas on to another canvas backing. It looks like an old scroll. It’s not the best braille, its actually quite jumbo braille. But it was the thought that counted. Hubby figured it out fairly quickly. I’ll have to get him to write down the verse. We decided to hang it in the house some place. I think it’s the coolest thing. I would have never come up with something that creative to do. 

 

Once we got home, we were going to work on a few to do items. Well hubby got work done, but I fell asleep. I curled up on the futon in our office area, and hubby worked away. We finally went to bed bed, at 10:30pm.

 

Again too short for a weekend. Weekends should be like 4 days long. *sigh*

 

Until next time…..

No comments:

Post a Comment