Sunday, June 16, 2013

Random Musings Part 2



June 16th: Pillow Talk

I'll start off by saying that this post has no perverse descriptions, this is a clean post, and all persons, young and old can read. This just happened to be just before we went to bed.

Saturday, June 15th, was a typical day at home. Hubby caught up on organizational work. I finished another baby blanket. And we did many other things in-between. Typical Saturday chores, laundry, catching up on emails, sending out bills, blah blah blah. 

So we were getting ready for bed, nothing out of the ordinary. Brushing our teeth, taking pills, getting settled for the night. As I am assuming most couples who are married, have some sort of pillow talk. Now I won't get into the naughty sort, but couples talk about the day, plans for the next day, or just random thoughts.

Usually we are so tired, we talk about random thoughts. But on this night we were talking, and I have no clue how we got on to the subject. Earlier as I had been getting ready for bed, I took my hearing aids out. I took them out as they make my ears sore, hurt and just overall irritated. Without my hearing aids, I cannot understand what hubby is saying. I can hear that he is talking, but it’s very low in volume, and I can't make out the words. So to say our prayers, I put my hearing aids back in. Before we said our prayers, I told hubby I wanted him to see what it was like for me.

So I proceeded to put my hearing aids in his ears. I started off putting the right one in, and surprisingly it fit. Then I tried to put the left in. I could not hear what he was telling me; remember both hearing aids were out. Later he was saying that the hearing aid was giving alot of feedback, a very high pitched sound. So I put my left hearing aid into his ear. I think I left them in for a whole 2 or 3 minutes.

Here is what hubby had to say about him wearing my hearing aids:

It was an eye-opening experience to get a taste of what Marsha hears through her hearing aids. My first impression was that they really did not amplify much at all. There was also more background noise and mild feedback than useful sounds. For instance, the ceiling fan caused quite a racket through the hearing aids, but it otherwise only makes a gentle whirring noise. I can now better understand how the sound they produce would be considered a major nuisance until someone's hearing became such that the increased ambient noise was not so noticeable. They are also very uncomfortable in a physical sense, since the ear molds are rigid vinyl and not the softer silicone that newer high-powered hearing aids use. I'm glad I was able to get this auditory look into Marsha's world.

So in the end, something that started out to be just play, turned into a very good learning experience for hubby. We then went on to say our prayers and go to sleep. Probably not the pillow talk you expected, but just a look into our pillow talk on this night.

See I told you the post would be clean, and you doubted me. LOL

Enough from me tonight, more to come I am sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment