Sunday, September 8, 2013

BELL week2 and the end of the month..July 22nd to 31st 2013



Before I go further, I must mention that after trying hard to contact the original A/C person, we finally found another person who would come in and fix the unit. He came on Sunday, after church, and did some looking around. I don’t understand the ins and outs of exactly what was wrong but he fixed it. Not many A/C people would come on a Sunday and help us, I was just ahppy that he fixed it and it was now getting cool in the house again.

Monday July 22nd 2013

We began our second week of the Bell program. This week one of the little girls who had been attending the program, switched out with another young girl. Also the heat of the week before let up. Also it seemed that a cold was being introduced into the mix, not that I had a cold, but another one of the main teachers got sick.

After our day was over with the kids, my O&M instructor was going to observe the program, and then we were going to fill out my reauthorization paper work for SEPTA CCt. Well I didn't get the paperwork in the mail, so we could not fill out anything. She did get to observe. She and her husband had enrolled their son but they later felt that the program was too old for him, he is 4. I personally thought he would have been perfect for it. We had other children, they did great.

Tuesday July 23rd

There was another trip to the library set up. For this trip I decided not to go. It wasn't that I was capable of it, but I just thought it was harder for me in that I could not hear. I could have never lived with myself if something had happened to one of the kids and I had been working with them. So even though I didn't go, the head teacher kept me busy the whole time while they were gone.

By this time in the program we really had everything down.

Wednesday July 24th

Hubby's mother and SFIL came down from RI to visit. Well SFIL had some things to do with his car, his vintage car and garage. They came in on the evening and were able to pick me up from the train station. For dinner they treated us to Tex-Mex with lots of margaritas. By this time of the week I needed it badly. I wasn't feeling well, as that cold going around had finally found its way to me.

Friday July 26th

Our last day of Bell. The day started out as normal as the previous two weeks had. We on this day had all 7 children instead of 6, the little girl who could not attend the second week, came back for the last day. While the kids were with us, the parents were at the state affiliate office having their parent meeting. It was a good turn out of the parents.

After lunch, the parents and staff from the state affiliate office came over. We had a little ceremony for the parents and children. Each child got a bag of goodies, a braille book, treats and other items. Before every one left, they got a Rita's waterice. Some of the parents left very quickly after we were done, other stuck around. It was a little disappointing not to talk to some of the parents, but those that did stay to talk I enjoyed getting to know.

Pup had done great for the whole two weeks of this program; she lay under a table while the kids would run around them. Even when the kids looked at her, she would stand up, but not do much else. Another one of the main teachers had her dog there too. The littlest children loved dogs, and would want to pet, but we set rules about it very early in the program, we did not allow any petting.  Pup loves kids. The only issue came on the last day; she was tied down to a table in the back of the room, behind where the kids had lunch. One little girl dropped food on the floor, I am not sure on purpose or by accident. Well pup then thought that is was for her, I caught them both. Of course I wasn't happy about this. I corrected pup for taking the food, and asked the little girl not to do it again. There were no more incidents like this.

One of the young girls I think who were 9 years old lived up my area of Philadelphia. They would often see me on the train. It was a little awkward because they would want to talk on the platform; I haven’t quite gotten use to telling people I can’t hear them.

When I got back to my normal train station, MIL and SFIl picked me up. We first went to return the rental car and then home to drop pup off. They us, myself and hubby, MIL and SFIL, BIL and his kids all went out to Uno’s pizza. We had an early dinner. We said our goodbyes to MIL and SFIl at the restaurant, as they were heading home the next morning, and we had a life group to go to.

So hubby and I went off to our life group. But oh my word I was so tired. I probably didn’t participate as much as I should have. But I could not for the life of me keep my eyes open. I actually don’t remember a lot of what our study was that night because I kept on dosing off.

The really awesome thing was that the weekend although nothing was planned, we stayed home. The rest of July was fairly uneventful. On July 30th, I with the help of a lady friend from my bible study went to get my X-ray for HKNC. I was forced into this x-ray, mainly because I am allergic to the test. The test that they do on your fore arm. And because the only other method of making sure I do not have TB is to have a chest x-ray. Let’s just say that getting the x-ray was an adventure all itself. I signed in fine, but then when the tech called me back, it was a male. Of course I needed to take off my shirt and bra and put on a gown; first he was embarrassed, and then secondly didn’t know if I was capable of changing myself. I insisted that I was capable of doing so, and then had to walk down a long hall, in a gown with no bra. Oh my word how uh... exposing! So then when the tech took the x-ray, he had to take 4 pictures for one test. The first two he didn’t do it right, and then finally got it right on the 3rd and 4th time around. Once that was all over, I quickly changed back into my own clothes and went on my way. Oh boy! Later on in that day, my O&M instructor came up to my house and we finally got that paperwork for the SEPTA CCT service filled out. Filling out that sort of paperwork is quite stupid but funny all in itself. Let’s see I am not able to cross streets because I can’t hear, so then can I really take a public bus, uhh…. NO! Well it was nice to get it done and over with, we also had time to catch up and talk about things going.

Before I knew it July was over and August began. Where did the time go, where did July go??

By this point I still had not made a decision on whether or not to go to HKNC, I was still getting the application together. As they continued to want other documents, which forced me to have to do more blood work or go to the doctors. I was getting a little frustrated by this. I also wanted to make a decision; I wanted God to give me the right path. But neither was happening. I actually wanted a bill board, but also knew that I wasn’t going to get that from God. I was trying very hard to let God determine the path, to let him make the decision, to close door and open others, but that wasn’t happening yet either. I guess that I needed it in my time, and not his.

Stay tuned for a wild and crazy August…

No comments:

Post a Comment