Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Birthday to Hubby, November 19th 2012


 

This morning began as normal. I had expected to get up earlier than hubby but that didn’t happen. I rushed down stairs to fix hubby breakfast. I fixed his favorite of bagels with cream cheese and turkey. Let’s also say here that we are in need of a new toaster, as ours is only toasting on one side. It’s sad! While I fixed him breakfast, or waited for the bagels to toast, I also fixed his lunch even putting a surprise in his bag. Missy was very patient, in order for me to get all of that taken care of before I fed her breakfast.

 

Note about Missy, I remember too late that we have been home for one month now. Wow where did that month go? It’s a busy and hectic month, but I am so happy Missy is by my side. I still Miss Emma, but the house does not smell like her anymore. I love all the little things that Missy brings to my life, I mean beyond the obvious. Every time I feed her, she hoovers her food. But then when I give her water, she will drink, usually gulping it down. But then at some point she will just stand there. So I go and pick up the bowl to pour out the remaining. But then she will start drinking out of the bowl. It’s like she is saying, “finally mom, thanks for picking it up for me, it makes it easier”. LOL this happens both morning and evening feedings. Also in the one month we have been home, we have been through 3 bones. Yes the one in the orchestra pit is counted too, but two she has chewed to death. One of those bones was given to her by an instructor in class, and it was in the shape of a dinosaur. Now that I am writing this, maybe there have been a total of 4 bones. But let’s just say she is a champion chewer. I think it’s the cutest thing, that when she is at my feet, she will fall asleep, then snore and snore. At some point I will put up here a recording of her snoring. It’s the cutest thing. And then her doggie dreams, where she moves her legs, barks and is chasing something good. Cute! Cute! I think I and my happy labby girl are bonding well after only a month.

 

Unfortunately hubby had to go to work. I’ll say that as I would love for him to stay home and we not do anything. But my hubby is a wonderful provider. Although he doesn’t want to go to work, he does for me, for us. He is an awesome provider, and I am very proud of him for it.

 

Anyways back to my story, after hubby left, I cleaned up the living room. In the last few weeks it had gotten a bit cluttered. With our hurricane and just being busy we would come in and dump things there. I don’t know how it happens that we collect card board boxes. So there is a pile of those to go out to the recycling. I am also getting the living room ready for the Christmas decorations that we will at some point soon have time to put up.

 

I was also awaiting the arrival of my MIL for her to come over. She came over to read hubby’s birthday card, and then to get a few other birthday cards in the mail.

 

By the time all of that got done, it was noon already. For lunch I wanted to read a pleasure book, so I started the 50shades of gray series. Not because I think they are good, but they sounded interesting, and it’s good for me, the hermit crab to stay up to date on books. Especially books people talk about. At some point I will read the twilight books too. Unfortunately I got hooked, so it’s going to take will power not to read more until more of my school work is done.

 

Again Missy was very patient while I did all the cleaning of the living room, as her folding crate was in the middle, so she had a view of everything I was doing. Every time I would leave the room, she would jump up. Almost like your leaving me? And then when I would come back in, she would stand up and start wagging her tail very fast. When my MIL came over she was very well behaved too. And then we transition to downstairs.

 

Oh I forgot to mention why I had my MIL read hubby’s birthday card. I will buy a normal card for hubby. But then have someone read it to me. I then record what is on the card both inside and outside, word for word. Then I braille on dimo tape. I then stick the dimo tape to the card, like where I think the words are. I usually get him a musical card, so that when you open it, it plays a song. He has a whole selection of cards now. And it’s becoming a tradition. It does sound like a lot of work, especially if the card, has a lot of text. But I enjoy it. Hubby told me a long time ago that he didn’t like to get cards because he could never read them; they didn’t mean anything, and so what it was a piece of cardboard. Well now he can’t say that.

 

After I dragged myself from the pleasure book, I should have not been reading. I did a search in the house for a frame that would fit the poster I got hubby. While at the Phantom of the Opera Broadway show I bought him a signed autograph poster of all the actors.  Sadly I didn’t find a frame, so he just received the poster. We will worry about the frame later.

 

Around 5 hubby came home from work. We ordered dinner from Olive Garden at 6ish, and were eating at 6:30. I set it up with candle light, low lights at our dining room table. We got chicken parm and fettuccine alfredo chicken, with salad, and bread sticks. I even ordered cheesecake for dessert. It was a nice relaxing dinner. Though with all of the food, we were so full we did not get to dessert. So it’s still in the fridge.

 

After dinner I was ready and waiting with the other presents for hubby. I gave him another sweater, like the first but a different color. And then a whole selection of products, like body wash, cologne, and a deodorizing spray, all in an ocean scent from Bath and body works. This is when I gave him the poster too. I can write about it now because he knows about it. It’s very hard for me not to give it to him right away after buying it. I love buying presents for my hubby; it’s a ton of fun.

 

After all the presents were opened, we sat and just talked. Again Missy was very patient in needing to be fed dinner. It wasn’t super late when we did feed her dinner, but it was after us. At 9, I called to talk to the kids, but they were having dinner at 8. Sort of a latish dinner in my opinion. The first time I called, I left a message and sent a text; they said they would call me back. No call, we wait. While we waited, we played a word game. And let’s just say I kicked some cerebral bum LOL We did finally get to talk to 2 out of the 3 kids. My oldest was asleep already.

 

We finally headed to bed around 11pm.

 

That is all for now, until next time…..

No comments:

Post a Comment