Saturday, September 7, 2013

Busy weekend, July 20 and 21st 2013



Saturday, is supposed to be relaxing, to catch up on things around the house, or to run errands that don't get done during the week. Well not for us. On this morning hubby had a men's breakfast at church. This is a new thing that the church has started up. They usually will have breakfast and then go into a bible study, and then a more intense study.

While hubby was gone to the men's breakfast, I got ready for the DB pool party. The DB pool party, the Deafblind group of south eastern PA. We actually had severl events going on this day, but chose to go to the DB pool party.  

Well before I go any further, I woke up on this day with swollen ear canals. Apparently because of the silicon ear molds I have on these new hearing aids, if I sweat, my cannels will swell. Well it was super-hot all week, so how was I going to prevent this. So I wore my aids for most of the morning, but they continued to bother me.

At 11:00 FIL took us to Lansdale train station to be picked up by an SSP. We arrived at the DB pool party at around noon. Once we arrived it was so hot, I wanted into the pool, well this meant I had to take the aids out, thank goodness. The pool was the only place that was cool. So I signed the rest of the day. At this pool party I met someone who I had been wanting to for a long time. She lives in Ohio, and if it wasn't already a small world. A professor I know, one that I had for a class for the last two semesters, grew up and was friends with this person. They apparently keep in touch and were talking about me.

I talked, or rather signed to a lot of people. Some I understand, some I didn't. This did make me realize that hubby and I didn't know as many signs as we thought. We totally pigged out on all of the food that everyone brought. And hung out at the pool. At one point there were a lot of people in the pool.

Poor hubby, not sure what he did, as I went around and just signed and signed away. Someone said later that it was so nice to see me interacting and smiling as I signed to people. We went home around 6ish. Both of us got too much sun, not too much for sunburn, but we could feel we were tender in spots.

It wasn't fun to think that we were going to be going home to a hot house, especially after being outside and hot all day long. Later that evening, right before home depot closed, hubby and FIL went to get a portable A/C unit. They installed it in our bedroom, where the tube was going out the slider on the balcony. Oh it was so nice, to finally sleep in fairly cool climate.

It wasn't really that it was super-hot, well hot for this area. But it was humid, like you were walking through water.

Sunday July 21st

Thankfully on this day we relaxed some. We went to church, and then had lunch with family as usual. We also used the evening to get ready for another busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment