Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hi

Hi World,

This is my first post in this my blog. If you don't me, I'll introduce myself. My name is Marsha, full time student at Temple University. I'll clue you into more later. I started this blog for all those who are interested in reading my new adventures in getting a service dog. I have had guide dogs in the past, from The Seeing Eye and Guide Dogs for the Blind. My most recent guide was Emma, a beautiful GSD who was forced to retire early from stress and health issues. this time I'll be going to GDF, Guide Dog Foundation. Why did I change schools? I can hear all of my guide dog handler friends out there asking this question. I changed schools for the only reason that GDF can better serve my dual disabilities. I am both totally blind and hearing impaired. I also have balance issues because of the hearing loss. so in other words my life can be fun, adventurous, but stressful in traveling. For those who are thinking, wow that is alot to deal with. My answer is yes, but I will not, can not, am determined not to let it stop me. We are given challenges in life, and overcoming them the best way possible is the only way to go. I hope with this blog I can educate and keep everyone up to date to my progress. My training at GDF starts in 5 days, on September 24th. I hope to sort of given my experiences past and present, and experiences training with this new dog. This new dog will be trained to guide, help balance me, and for hearing tasks. I'll post when I get the pup, but for personal reasons not give the name. So please do not even ask. Your welcome to leave comments, but I'd rather you email them directly to me. I also hope that some of my classmates will read this. Like I said I am a full time student at Temple University, in the SW program. While training I will be away from classes. My professors have been great in working with me so that I can complete all of my school work while there. Also, if I miss a day and don't get to posting for a bit, please do not panic. I journaled when I got Emma, but never published it. this is not only for everyone out there in cyber space, but for me. also while I am introducing myself, I am married to the most wonderful man in the world. He'll be known in this blog as hubby. so next time you come back, have a nice big cup of coffee, a comfy chair, and enjoy reading.

Until next time,  

No comments:

Post a Comment