Friday, October 19, 2012

First Day Back to Classes (October 18, 2012)


Missy and I left for the train station at 6:10am. We ride a 6:49 train, but I wanted to allow enough time for Missy and me on our first day back. Once at the train station, we went into the station for our tickets. Then out to the track. It was pretty chilly on this morning. Let me also say that the other ladies I ride with, who also go to school with, were there. I am a bad and horrible friend because I didn’t let them know that I was home, that I would be on the train that time of the morning, and that I got Missy. Well they knew I got Missy, but nothing about her.

We arrive at the Temple train station at 7:30am; we walk without much trouble to our building. I walk with the same friend I have been walking with before I got Missy. I am now back down to walking from the train station to my building in about 15 minutes. With a cane, if I were alone this would take me about 25 to 30 minutes. Missy was totally on her game on our walk to our classes. I was proud of her, as I expected our first walk on campus, with me trying to get to classes stressful. But nope my lab girl did well.

When I got to classes, everyone was happy to see me. This was unexpected, but nice. Missy snored a bit through class, but I don’t think anyone heard her. Second class was about the same. The funny thing is that Missy did snore in this class, but she wasn’t heard because a student behind me snored louder. LOL third class very much the same. Classmates told me that they were reading the blog, but because of how much reading was required for school could not keep up. I am not going to be taking this down any time soon, so read away! After my third class, I made my way outside. I knew Missy needed to break, or potty. So I found two cars she could go between, and she did her thing. I was proud of her, as right across the street was construction that was incredible noisy. I then had to break myself and afterwards got her water. I took a folding bowl for her at one of the conventions for the blind. It’s green, bright green. I filled it up and she drank and drank. We got water all over the floor, but I was happy she drank. Emma would have never drank from a folding bowl; it was only the metal bowl at home. It was time for my lunch. I bought a soda at the little café, and then went to sit down. I sort of do not like the way this little café is set up. It has booths, and then high tables with high chairs. I don’t like sitting at the high tables, and booths are hard to come by. On this particular day a nice young lady helped me find one.

Lunch today was a PB sandwich, cheezits, an apple, granola bar, and a few chocolate kisses and hugs my hubby snuck into my lunch. It wasn’t like the lunches at the school, but still good and simple.

After lunch, I went up to the 5th floor, and found our class. My professor came up and we talked for a bit. She, like the others was happy to have me back. Classmates had lots of questions, and were very curious. I would rather people ask than not ask at all.

Two funny experiences on our first day back, and I know people either really love dogs or really dislike dogs. I understand this, but there is no reason to think that my dog is a danger to you. She is highly trained, the worse she would do is lick you to death. LOL One I was getting on an elevator, and a young lady was extremely scared of the dog, she made herself as small as possible in the corner of the elevator as she could. Once her floor came, or maybe not her floor she ran. Another I was walking down the hallway, a person was walking towards me in the same hallway, they see me and Missy, scream, and walk the other direction, or the direction they just came from. On this particular happening, I didn’t get to say anything to the person as they ran away too quickly. I was extremely surprised that no one asked much to pet. And when people would ask what the pups name was, I just said, that I could not tell them. Most were okay with this, as I explained why.

On the way back to the train, Missy did great guiding. The only little issue is that she had to break. I quickly picked it up and went on my way. I didn’t make a big deal about it, as I didn’t want anyone to say anything to me. We got to the train station in a timely matter and I was in one piece. In all honestly Missy did absolutely great for our first day.

Here is where the trouble begins. So the train that we need to get, pulls up, we find the door, no issue there. I am looking for a seat, I totally feel up a few people, how embarrassing *blush*. I don’t do this on purposes, but in order to find a seat I have to feel if someone is sitting there. So I finally ask if there is an open seat. Someone instructs me on where a seat is, I go towards it. I find it and think, oh how great I have a seat all to myself. NOT! It’s a three seater, and there is a gentleman in the window seat. I don’t know this until I almost sit on him, I feel him up a bit, and my dog I am sure licks him. He was all cool about it, but Oy Vey how embarrassing. So by this time the train has taken off, there is a long line of people being me trying to get by to find seats, and the conductor dude is waiting so impatiently for my ticket. I loudly say, please give me a moment to get my dog situated. Missy did not want to go under the seat. I have to work on this. I finally get her into the seat some, give the conductor who was being rude by this time, his stupid ticket so he will go away, and continue to get Missy in under the seat. After a while everyone finds a seat, not before someone says, your being mean to your dog. I was just trying to manipulate her to under the seat, I wasn’t being mean. After several stops we were all situated and resting. I do not understand why people on the train, see me, and just sit there; don’t offer seats, for me and my dog. They all have to spread out, not leave any open seats, and then at the handicapped seats people have to sit in them and won’t get up. It was a bit stressful.

Once at my home station, my hubby and FIL was there to pick us up. We stopped at WA WA for sandwiches. Yum and then went home to eat them. Shortly after dinner, after feeding Missy her dinner, we all went to bed. I think we were in bed at8am.

So that was my first day at school and classes. If you’re wondering, I am behind in all classes and have a lot of work to do to catch up. It will all get done eventually I am sure.

Until tomorrow…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment