Monday, October 8, 2012

Sunday October 7th


 

After a stressful day, I did not sleep well. I could not go to sleep until late, around 12:30am. One because of the steroids, I gave myself from the asthma attack. And two because I was doing laundry. Third, because my mind would not shut off from the events of the day. I was hanging out with other students until 10:30 on Saturday, as I didn’t feel like being alone. And they felt the same way. It was interesting to see the different reactions from the different students. The men went and hid in their rooms, and us women were right there trying to help. I slept very restless, with dreams where my mind was trying to solve the situation in a logical matter. I am not sure why my mind thought it could be solved logically, we can’t bring back my friends daughter, and it’s not fair, there is nothing for me to fix. I went back to my room at10pm, and then talked to hubby for a long time while my clothes dried in the laundry. After getting off the phone with hubby I went to grab the laundry out of the dryer, and didn’t think about what I was doing, perhaps could have been half asleep. But I locked myself out of my room. So here it is late, I am wondering the halls of the school, trying to find the night duty person, not able to find a phone, and in my jammies. Finally I find a phone and call the night duty person. I felt so bad for waking her up, later I found out that she was watching a movie.

 

And of course I didn’t get much or good sleep, I and all of us had to be up early. We were out at 7:45 am. Break time for the pups, feeding time, and our departure was all pushed up by 5 to 15 minutes.

 

This morning, we worked on trains. The train was very similar to the trains I ride on SEPTA. I can’t tell you what train station we got on, or what station we got off at. But we went one stop. It was fairly easy getting on, as we went on one at a time. But once we got to our stop we all had to be ready to get off very quickly. One of the instructors stayed with us on the train, and the other drove the bus over. Some of the students never ride trains but it was more to give us an experience. After we were picked up we went back to the Horseshoe route. I think of it as a big letter D. This walk did not go well for us. We started off fine, but then had to go around several trucks. Missy took me around but there were others coming around the truck so we got off track. Then I tripped on broken up sidewalk. I learned that if Missy thinks I am going to fall, she will put her body in front of mine to break my fall. I am concerned with hurting her but my instructor has said that I could not hurt Missy. We had to stop for several phone calls my instructor got. And then one of the other students got lost. They tell us, that we do not go across any streets, and there should then be no curbs. Well this person, who shall remain nameless, didn’t realize he was passing curbs. I guess out for a nice walk. It was cool this morning and beautiful. So he called me, and asked to have one of the instructors come and find him. He had gone way out of the way, scared the instructors to death, but he was found. It was an eventful walk. On the way back to campus we stopped at Starbucks. I’ll mention later why I gave this small detail.

 

We headed back to the campus, and had lunch. I had scheduled a volunteer for shopping, but the one I was to have got sick. Another student had decided not to go out, so I took her volunteer. At 1pm we went to Port Jefferson, and shopped for my family and friends. I found this great specialty toy store, called Laney’s Way. It had great unique toys. I can’t give a whole of details now, because too many people I bought things for read this blog. *hahahhahaheheheh* Sorry. The only bad thing about the shopping trip was it rained and was cold. Just before we left, we stopped at Starbucks. I was going to pay for my volunteer’s coffee, but they would not accept it, and instead they bought me a coffee.

 

I made it back in time for feeding, watering and breaking. Dinner was delicious as usual. I was very hyper at dinner, two coffees, is more than I have in one day.  Then after dinner I sat around and helped several students who had IPhone learn how to use them. There is a good joke in there somewhere. It would go something like: How blind people do it take to learn how to use the Voiceover on the IPhone? Well I can say too many LOL I have to work on that punch line. After that, I came back to my room to work on my blog or school work, but I was entirely too tired.

 

I went to bed; or rather fell asleep around 10pm.

 

Until next time…….

 

No comments:

Post a Comment