Monday, October 1, 2012

First Saturday and Sunday, First weekend!


September 29th, 2012

 

As usual the morning began the same. Wake at 6am, feed, water and break at 7am. Then breakfast for me at 7:30am, don’t ask what I had as, all of the days are starting to run together, so I can’t tell you what I did on one day to another. Our lesson on this day was, walking around the GDf. We worked on right and left turns, crossing streets, and dog distractions. The morning lesson went well. Nothing right now, stands out to be really bad. The morning was about the same, lesson, and then in for lunch. On this day I did not go to lunch with all of the other students. I waited for my husband and family to visit me. At around 1, they got to the school around 1ish. We went out to lunch at a burger place. I was so very very happy to see my hubby. My hubby’s sister and father came along too. Of course I was happy to see them too. We went back to the school and hung out for a bit. They got to see my new pup, and my room. Hubby and I were able to spend some nice quality time together. Oh how I miss him. For dinner we went out to an Italian pizzeria place. We were all so full from lunch that we almost could not eat dinner. They had pizza’s that were 4 inches tall, that were 4 inches off the plate. I brought home, back to the school a piece of pizza. They all left me, *pout* at 8ish. It was an almost day, but it made me even more home sick than I was before. On this day I left Missy in the room alone for the first time. She did well, I think she missed me, but she did well. When we got into the car to go eat, I was like where is my pup. Not sure what that means but I felt like I was missing something.

 

First Sunday, first Weekend! September 30th, 2012

 

Again same start to the morning. On this day we were supposed to go to Jamestown, but there were a festival, and would have not been able to walk on the sidewalks. So instead we went to Smithtown, pretty much where we were when I went with my family. We hung out in the Starbucks, waiting for our lesson. I of course had to have a coffee. The morning was cooler than it had been, so it was nice to walk around. In Smithtown, we walked through like a town with stores, and crossed several streets. It was very very busy streets, with controlled lights. This walk was a bit more stressful for me because I can’t hear the traffic. On this day my instructor and I talked about how to start showing Missy to signaling for sounds. When she does I am to give her a Kibble... In the afternoon, I was so tired I took a one hour nap. I did laundry and worked on some homework. The class as a group was all schedule to go to dinner at 5pm. We went to a place called “old Street Pub”. We had several volunteers who went with us. It was nice to get off campus. We could not take our dogs, so used our canes. Right before we left it stormed; thankfully we did not get rained on. I had a huge hamburger with bacon and blue cheese and Sweet potatoes fries. It seemed all I did all weekend was eat. Now to back off the food. I was supposed to come for a guide, service dog, and loss weight, not gain it. We got around 8pm, just in time for break time with the dogs.

 

It was a great weekend, but I am horribly home wick. The rush and wait routine is getting old. Yes I have time for doing school work, but we are always at the campus so then it makes it hard for me to work on homework. I am trying though.

 

Until next time….

No comments:

Post a Comment